The Makaton Workshop Level 1 online course, delivered by qualified Makaton regional tutors, provides a practical introduction to Makaton for workers, parents and carers who need to use Makaton in everyday situations, at home and/or at work. You will learn the signs and symbols for Stages 1 & 2 of the Core Vocabulary plus half of the Additional Vocabulary. The course is very practical and interactive.
The cost of the workshop includes the required training manual, postage of the manual to your home address, and the cost of posting your certificate to you following the training. Please keep your attendance certificate as you will need it if you wish to attend the Level 2 Workshop.
In order to attend this training you will need access to a stable internet connection and a full size laptop, iPad or similar. The training course is not suitable to be delivered or attended on a mobile phone. You will need to see the tutor and other participants clearly, and they will need to see you, from at least the top of the head to waist height.
The training is delivered by fully qualified Makaton tutors using Zoom. There are 2 sessions of a maximum of four hours each, delivered over two separate days. Please note that the maximum number of delegates for this course is 8.
The interactive Zoom training will be delivered over two sessions on two separate days.
Please note that Zoom courses are not recorded.
On completion of the Level 1 Workshop participants should:
- know about the history, design and structure of the Makaton Core and Resource Vocabularies
- be able to use signs and symbols from Stages 1 & 2 and half of the Additional Vocabulary in their daily environment, and use signing techniques for placement, directionality and movement
- know how the signs used with the Makaton vocabulary are derived
- have a knowledge of the different approaches available to develop the communication skills of a wide range of Makaton users
- be informed about the other Makaton Training Courses and Workshops.
Full-day course split over two days
Individual (CPD Online) - £95 +VAT Additional charge of £26.50 per person (charge of manual, certificate and postage and packaging)
Group (In-house) - £621 + VAT Additional charge of £26.50 per person (charge of manual, certificate and postage and packaging)