Led by Professor Barry Carpenter this webinar will focus on the importance of developing a recovery curriculum and will consider:
- The aims and purpose of a Recovery Curriculum.
- The extra considerations needed for children with SEND, especially Autism.
- Resources to support children and aid teaching.
It will also consider:
- The emotional impact of the pandemic on children.
- The ‘loss’ experienced and how we might rebuild emotional resilience in children.
- The process of re-engaging the disengaged.
Barry Carpenter is the UK’s first Professor in Mental Health in Education, a Chair created for him at Oxford Brookes University. In a career spanning more than 40 years, Barry has held the leadership positions of Headteacher, Principal, Academic Director, Chief Executive, and Director of the Centre for Special Education at Westminster College, Oxford.