Are you worried about the phonics your pupils have missed?
Are you confused about how you’re going to cover everything this year?
Are you wondering if your phonics teaching needs to look different now?
This product provides over 50 pages of guidance and support including:
- a focus on missed phonics learning 2020
- meaningful, lasting solutions
- key principles in good phonics practice
- an overlap model for the coming academic year’s planning
- support for vulnerable groups
- example phonics assessments
- word lists and book lists
- practical activities.
Phonics Rescue 2020 is a downloadable resource that will provide support to Reception, KS1 and Year 3 teachers in conducting informal assessments in phonics to identify gaps caused by school closures in 2020.
Checklists & planning guidance based mainly on the Letters and Sounds framework will support teachers to address these gaps, and suggestions are provided to help schools to meet the needs of vulnerable pupils, together with sound phonics practice for all children.
This resource forms part of our Catch Up Curriculum Toolkit