Centralised or bespoke training
Promoting the inclusion and well-being of gender variant children and trans young people
The Inclusion Support Service Kent (ISSK) offers advice, consultancy, support, bespoke and centralised training to raise the inclusion and wellbeing of gender variant children, trans young people, parents and staff.
Our training sessions ensure that staff develop their understanding of what it means to be a gender variant child or young trans person in Britain today. Staff will leave the session being able to:
- Support these pupils to be confident in who they are
- Ensure policies and practices are inclusive of gender variant pupils, trans young people, staff and parents
- Challenge gender stereotypes and unnecessarily gendered aspects in educational settings
- Improve attendance and achievement of trans children and young people
- Celebrate different families in an age appropriate way
- Know how to eliminate transphobic bullying
- Become familiar with resources available to combat gender stereotypes and increase trans inclusion
- Signpost families and pupils to appropriate support.