I CAN Early Talk Boost
I CAN Early Talk Boost is a pre-school language intervention designed for children aged 3-4 years who have delayed language development. The intervention helps to boost their language skills, helping to narrow achievement gaps between them and their peers.
Findings show that, after taking part in Early Talk Boost children make, on average, six months progress after a nine-week intervention. This is twice the amount of progress than children not having the intervention, making this an excellent use of the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).
This training course is designed for early years practitioners who will be delivering the intervention in early years settings and will be delivered by I CAN Licensees. If you work with older children, we also deliver Talk Boost KS1 which covers Reception to Year 2. Please see the school portal for more details, and to book.
Pre-course information: This section includes important information - please read carefully.
- Each setting attending the training MUST purchase an exciting and comprehensive toolkit which includes all the materials and resources required to successfully deliver this intervention. The 'one off' cost of the toolkit is £480, which includes one participant book. Additional participant booklets cost £20 (required if sending more than one practitioner).
- This training is aimed at experienced practitioners, settings can send more than one participant if they wish and we strongly recommend this for maximum impact.
- If you have already purchased the ICAN Early Talk Boost resources, you can send additional practitioners to be trained. Delegates will need to bring with them, the Intervention Manual, the participant book and one set (ie 1-8) of the books.
- As this is an intervention programme, ICAN do not allow the training course to be delivered without the resources.
- Following confirmation of your place you will be contacted by email with details of how to order your resources.
Up to 25 delegates can attend this event.
Face to face:
£47 +VAT per person + £500 for resources; £220 +VAT per group + £500 for resources
£35 +VAT per person + £500 for resources; £210 +VAT per group + £500 for resources