The Equality Diversity Inclusion Team - EDIT (formally ISSK - Inclusion Support Service Kent) offer consultancy, training, support and advice to secondary schools to help support and engage Gypsy Roma Travellers.
- developing staff awareness of GRT history and culture to develop respect and understanding of these communities
- exploring strategies that will develop pupil’s academic literacies across subject areas
- working with disaffected GRT pupils on projects linked to their culture to be shared with the school
- supporting the school to celebrate GRT History Month
- ensuring the Curriculum is GRT inclusive
- allaying parental fears about secondary schools
- encourage improved attendance through better engagement and cultural understanding.