Full bursarial service
The full bursarial service will provide you with:
- processing orders and invoices, purchase card transactions
- cheque processing/BACS - normally on a weekly basis
- processing of Accounts Receivable or other non-order income
- control and reimbursement of petty cash, if used
- processing of salaries to FMS6 and BPS
- reconciliation of bank statements and manual reconciliation to FMS6
- reconcile statement of account cash limits
- preparation of your monthly VAT claim/VAT 126 claim, reconcile control code
- preparation of Kent County Council/Education Funding Agency (EFA) financial returns
- recasting of the Kelsi Funding Templates
- revision and update of current BPS Budget 3-year plan to support planning
- health checks completed twice yearly
- completion of budget monitoring reports (using the Budget Planning Software) in conjunction with the headteacher/delegated person
- preparation of annual returns, including creditors and debtors, and their input to FMS6
- guaranteed resolution if there are reconciliation problems
- other financial tasks as requested and agreed between Schools Financial Services and the headteacher.
The service may be contracted on a permanent basis; alternatively, short term arrangements to cover set periods of absence (or a replacement is in post) can also be negotiated.
This service can be provided on a remote basis where appropriate.
The service required will be discussed with your school/academy and reviewed during the contract period to ensure it is meeting your financial support needs throughout the year.
If you choose to purchase this package you will be required to purchase the Core Financial Support Package and 3-year budget planning, this is essential and will ensure both the production of accurate budget monitoring and the provision of ongoing support.
All services require four months’ written notice to terminate.