The aim of this course is to enable foster carer’s to develop an awareness of the need to prepare for children who are moving into their home and then to prepare them for moving on.
This course is free to ALL KCC Foster Carers
By the end of this course foster carer’s should be able to:
• Describe the actions they are taking to prepare themselves and their environment to support a child / young person who will be moving in to live with them.
• Demonstrate that they are able to work positively with their own children / young people to prepare them for a child who is moving in.
• Explain the strategies they use to prepare children / young people to move on in a variety of situations (return home, another foster placement, adoption).
• Show an understanding of the childcare legislation (namely the Children Leaving Care Act) and an ability to apply it to their practice.
• Demonstrate an understanding of transitions and their impact on children and young people’s behaviour.