Research shows that governors need a range of important qualities if they are to be effective; governing boards are key strategic decision makers accountable for ensuring the best possible education for every child or young person. They play an important role in maintaining a successful and stable workforce and for financial management and efficiency.
Governor Services works strategically with governing bodies to help them lead their schools to improve and reach outstanding and good status through a professional programme of training, advice and support.
To support governing body professional development we offer a service level agreement which is kept at a very competitive price following research with other authorities. It includes:
- A countywide programme of training and development for governors, chairs and clerks
- Annual conferences
- Heavily discounted access to E-learning programmes
- Hard and electronic copies of The Governor Magazine
- Informative and timely email based updates and bulletins to governors covering current issues facing schools, statutory duties, changes in law and regulation and local strategies and initiatives
- Governor monthly bulletin
- Membership to the Kent Governance Association
- Telephone support.