This toolkit provides a clear and coherent process to managing governor annual conversations ensuring that members of the Board will feel valued and supported through the sharing of ideas and aspirations and promotes whole board confidence and encourages all to look at ways of developing their effectiveness.
The toolkit is a framework that supports governors to enable them to:
- have confidence, know and understand their role/s within the board
- gain maximum benefit and support from the board, colleague governors and the training and development opportunities on offer
- governors’ skills are used to maximum affect, alongside additional interests being developed.
It is designed to be used by both Academy and Local Authority maintained boards:
- a variety of areas for discussion have been provided
- it is made to allow personalisation, to be agreed and reviewed regularly to ensure that it meets the realistic and systematic needs of the board
- it has been prepared with reference to:
- Department for Education Governance Handbook and Competency Framework for Governance
- National Governance Association (NGA) www.nga.org.uk