The Equality Diversity Inclusion Team - EDIT (formally ISSK - Inclusion Support Service Kent) offer consultancy, training, support and advice supporting gender diverse trans and non-binary pupils.
Consultations and advice include:
- scrutinising policies, practice and the curriculum to ensure they are Trans and Non-binary inclusive
- sharing examples of inclusive practice
- offering advice on individual cases of transphobic bullying
- trans and non-binary pupils
- families of gender diverse children, trans and non-binary pupils
- trans and non-binary staff
- PSHE and RSE Curriculum Development – eliminating unnecessary gendered stereotypes, promoting Trans and Non-binary inclusion in an age appropriate way, celebrating family diversity, upholding Trans and Non-binary equality
- exploring age appropriate Trans and Non-binary friendly books.
EDIT also offer training for staff in schools, colleges and settings. This can be delivered bespoke to your establishment or accessed through CPD Online. Please let us know if you would be interested in booking or attending training.
Following the training delegates will be able to:
- ensure their policies and practices are inclusive of gender diverse children, trans and non-binary pupils, staff and parents
- support a gender diverse child or trans and non-binary pupil in their school or setting
- challenge gender stereotypes and unnecessarily gendered aspects of school life
- improve attendance and achievement of gender diverse, trans and non-binary pupils
- know how to combat transphobic bullying.