We support the apprenticeship agenda in many ways, these include:
- supporting local authority community and voluntary controlled schools on all their apprenticeship activities. (including primary) to access the county council’s apprenticeship levy
- supporting all other primary and secondary schools to advertise their vacancies, as well as how to recruit and retain apprentices and providing guidance on apprenticeship levy transfers
- supporting businesses and employers to advertise vacancies, and how to recruit and retain apprentices
- we also provide guidance to employers and schools on apprenticeship levy transfers
- promoting apprenticeships as a sustainable pathway to skilled employment, by attending events, delivering sessions to young people in schools. and producing apprenticeship resources.
The service has its own apprenticeship webpage linking to the latest apprenticeship vacancies from National Apprenticeship service (NAS).
The ApprenticeKent team can also support employers with creating opportunities, as well as advertising them on NAS and to young people through links with schools.