Diploma for school business managers
This nationally recognised programme for school business managers is designed to develop your professional knowledge, understanding and competencies so that you will be able to contribute effectively to key areas of school business management. The diploma for school business managers (DSBM) will equip senior administrators and new school business managers (SBM) with the operational skills required to be an effective school business manager.
- Opportunities to enhance your leadership, administrative and managerial skills
- A personalised framework to develop your knowledge and understanding of key areas of SBM
- An opportunity for you to develop your communication skills in a range of contexts
- Access to tutor support to help you engage in reflection on your personal development and the requirements of the school business manager role
- A foundation for future advanced professional development as a school business manager.
Who is it for? >>
The level 4 DSBM is part of a suite of school business management qualifications. The programme is designed for existing and aspiring school business managers who wish to enhance both their leadership, management and administrative skills together and their knowledge and understanding of key areas of school business management through a professional qualification.
Delivery model >>
The DSBM level 4 programme is delivered over 12 months and comprises three mandatory units and three operational units, of which one must be completed.
The units are:
- Leading support services in a school
- Finance in a school
- Procurement in a school.
Operational units (choose one)
- Supporting Human Resource management in a school
- Supporting school infrastructure management
- Marketing in a school.
Blended learning pathway >>
- Face to face delivery from a specialist facilitator (3 full days)
- Supported online learning
- School-based projects
- Online tutorials.
The programme is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). Your learning will be assessed through evidence submitted against each of the four units. The assessment will ensure rigorous coverage of the learning outcomes of each unit and a clear focus on the development of professional skills.
Evidence for these units is likely to come from naturally occurring activities from the workplace and may include (but is not restricted to):
- Products form the learner's work
- Records of team minutes/agendas
- Direct observation of the learner's performance by their assessor
- Outcomes from oral or written questioning
- Personal statements and/or reflective accounts
- Professional discussion
- Authentic statements/witness testimony
- Records of external customer communications
- Written reports/case studies.
The full cost of the programme including assessment and certification is £1,475 +VAT.
To express an interest or for further information please contact Jo Winkler by email at: [email protected]