Brief OverviewThis course aims to enable participants to increase their understanding, review current practice and consider strategies to manage the risks inherent in foster care; taking into consideration the new approach to managing risk that encourages a risk sensible, rather than a risk averse attitude.
On completion of the course foster carer’s will:
- Be able to review safer caring principles and practices in order to keep everyone in the foster home safe – and to identify any gaps or areas for development.
- Have identified strategies to prevent the risk of abuse, re-abuse and to minimise the possibility of allegations.
- Have gained knowledge, understanding and guidance on dealing with allegations or complaints
- Understand how to develop a safer caring policy for the child or young person in their care.
- Understand the concept of delegated authority and the importance of ensuring that this is included in the placement plan for the child or young person in placement.
- Have explored and discussed the issues surrounding the use of the Internet, in particular social media and also mobile phones; in regard to safer caring.
This course will be delivered using a variety of methods including group work, a quiz, scenarios, discussions, directed learning and Q&A.
- Session - 06/12/2023 10:00 - 13:00