Brief OverviewThis course aims to provide foster carer’s with skills to manage general challenging behaviour including symptoms of attachment disorders and ADHD.
By the end of the course foster carer’s should:
- Have an increased understanding of the interplay of factors, which can contribute to challenging behaviour. E.g. Genetics and environmental factors. Especially Loss, separation and attachment issues.
- Have explored strategies for managing challenging behaviour including Empathic Behaviour Management techniques which is particularly effective when working with children and young people who have experienced trauma e.g. loss and separation
- Have a better understanding of how to manage the needs of children and young people presenting with challenging behaviour.
This course will be delivered using a variety of methods, which may include group work, scenarios, quiz, discussion, directed learning, multimedia and questions and answers.
- Session - 23/01/2024 09:30 - 12:30
- Steve Goodburn Brighter Future Solutions