Brief OverviewThis course aims to provide foster carers with an understanding of what to expect should they be subject of an allegation by a placement and how to safeguard against such allegations.
- Understand the history of joint working.
- Know who will investigate for different types of allegation (Complaints procedure/Sec 47 investigation).
- State what to do should an allegation be made against them.
- Understand how/why investigation is conducted & under what power.
- Appreciate the possible reality should an allegation be made.
- Understand the reality for placements should an allegation be made.
- Explain how to safeguard yourself from false allegations.
- Recognise the availability of other agencies to compliment the support network.
Types of material used: Handouts, didactic input, PowerPoint, group discussions, Q& A sessions, scenarios
- Session - 14/03/2024 09:30 - 14:30