This E-learning course has been developed by the Education Safeguarding Service to enable childminders and their supporting staff to understand and carry out their statutory responsibilities as highlighted within the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ (EYFS) and ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’.
This course explores the specific procedures and support available in Kent, including the Kent Safeguarding Children Multi-Agency Partnership (KSCMP) Levels of Support, Integrated Children’s Services and the ‘Front Door’.
Registered Childminders outside of Kent can access this course, however, they will need to undertake independent research to ensure they understand their own local guidance and processes. This course is only for eligible/registered Childminders.
Why should people take this course?
This course will enable registered Childminders to:
- Understand or revisit and update their knowledge of national legislation and guidance pertaining to safeguarding children
- explore Kent’s specific safeguarding children procedures, including the consultation and Integrated Front Door process
- reflect, analyse and improve their own safeguarding practice
- Your licence for the course lasts nine months and once you have completed the training course this certificate will be valid for two years from that date.
- The course should take two to three hours to complete.
The current version of this course is in line with ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ Statutory Framework 2023.
If you are new to our E-learning please read our E-learning FAQ page.