This toolkit will assist Governing Boards with their induction process for new governors and prepare them for the Accredited Governor Induction course available through Governor Services.
The toolkit has been designed for use by Academy and Local Authority maintained boards.
- It should be personalised, agreed and reviewed regularly to ensure that it meets the realistic and systematic needs of the board.
- It contains suggested elements, timescales and persons responsible to oversee actions upon which, prior recruitment and onward may have a bearing.
- It has been prepared with reference to:
- Department for Education, Governance Handbook and Competency Framework for Governance
- National Governance Association (NGA).