The Equality Diversity Inclusion Team - EDIT (formally ISSK - Inclusion Support Service Kent) offer consultancy, training, support and advice to schools, settings and other educational establishments to ensure that they are complying with their duties under the Equality Act 2010.
- completing an Equality Audit to assess if the school is complying with its duties under the Equality Act 2010
- exploring the legislative context of the Equality Act
- developing confidence in understanding issues relating to equality
- leading staff in reviewing, monitoring and ‘equality impact assessing’ policy and practice, regarding groups with protected characteristics
- meeting the general and specific duty regarding the Equality Act in your school/setting
- setting SMART Equality objectives in line with the school improvement plan
- increasing understanding of the Equality Act in relation to the latest Ofsted Framework
- centralised training for SMT, Governors and Inclusion Leads through CPD online OR Customised equality training and consultancy tailored to the meet the specific requirements of your school.