The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team - EDIT (formally Support Service Kent (ISSK)) offer advice, support, guidance and training to help schools to recognise, record, report, respond to and prevent racist incidents.
This training provides schools with the knowledge and tools to ensure that all staff can recognise, record, report, respond to and prevent racist incidents. Delegates will develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence to:
- recognise, record, and respond appropriately to racist incidents
- actively prevent discrimination through the development of whole school policy and practice
- develop a curriculum that fosters good relationships, promotes respect and develops a greater understanding of and between different communities
- ensure that the school:
1) complies with their legal duties under The Equality Act to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, and victimisation
2) is aware of Ofsted requirements relating to the prevention of prejudicial bullying
This practical, scenario-based session will enable delegates to explore the impacts of racist incidents in schools and how to address these through short, medium, and long-term planning.