Ensuring schools are compliant with the Equality Act 2010
Inclusion Support Service Kent (ISSK) offer consultancy, training, support and advice to schools, settings and other educational establishments to ensure that they are complying with their duties under the Equality Act 2010.
- An equality and inclusion audit of provision, policy and practice. This can corporate completion of the audit tool, environmental walk, exploration of the curriculum and scrutiny of policy and practice.
- The Equality Act: what does it mean to your school? Training through continuing professional development online or bespoke to senior management team, school staff or governors.
Bespoke support in school will focus on school's developing their own equality agenda and equality objectives.
We will support staff to be able to:
- Explore the legislative context of the Equality Act
- Receive guidance on meeting the general and specific duty in regard to the Equality Act
- Increase understanding of the Equality Act in relation to the latest Ofsted Framework
- Publish information to demonstrate how your school is complying with the equality duty
- Prepare and publish one or more specific and measurable equality objectives
- Develop confidence in understanding issues, reviewing, monitoring and equality impact assessing policy and practice.