Makaton Level 2 Workshop
Early years practitioners, workers, family members, friends and carers of Makaton users.
The one day Level 2 workshop will support participants to build on skills and knowledge gained from attending the Level 1 workshop (which covered stages 1 & 2 plus half of the additional vocabulary). You will learn the signs and symbols for stages 3 & 4 of the core vocabulary plus the remaining half of the additional vocabulary. The course is very practical and interactive.
Up to 15 delegates can attend this event as stipulated by the Makaton charity due to the nature of the training. The training can be delivered as a one day workshop advertised via CPD online, or as a one day workshop in-house.
There is an additional charge of £17.50 for the Makaton manual required for this workshop. Your attendance certificate is in the back of the manual. Your tutor will sign the certificate before you leave the training. Please keep your attendance certificate as you will need it if you wish to attend further Makaton training.
On completion of the Level 2 workshop participants should:
- Know about the history, design and structure of the Makaton core and resource vocabularies
- Be able to use signs and symbols from stages 1-4 and the additional vocabulary in their daily environment, and use signing techniques for placement, directionality and movement
- Know how the signs used with the Makaton vocabulary are derived
- Understand the Makaton symbols design themes, and begin to feel confident to draw them by hand and use them in a variety of other ways, with and without signs, to suit users’ needs
- Be informed about the other Makaton training courses and workshops.
CPD advertised training £94 +VAT plus £17.50 (charge of manual) per person
In-house group training £444 +VAT group charge, plus £17.50 (charge of manual) per person
£420 +VAT per group (8 people maximum), additional charge of £26 per person (charge of manual, certificate and postage and packaging)