Safer Internet Day 2019 Round-Up
On Tuesday 5th February 2019, the world celebrated Safer Internet Day 2019. Safer Internet Day (SID) is coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre and this year’s theme was “Together for a Better Internet”.
To celebrate the day, many organisations and services produced new resources and content to help raise awareness and spread positive messages. This blog post aims to highlight resources and content made available on or for SID 2019; schools and settings may find these resources helpful in the curriculum planning or to share with children and parents/carers.
UK Council for Internet Safety (UKCIS)
- Safeguarding children and protecting professionals in early years settings: online safety considerations
UK Safer Internet Centre
- Our Internet, Our Choice Report
- Top Tips for children, young people, parents and carers
- Test your online safety knowledge with the Safer Internet Day Quiz!
CEOP: Think U Know
BBC: Own it (KS2/3)
- Safer Internet Day 2019 Collection:
- What is digital consent?
- YouTube stars talk digital consent
- Digital footprint: what is it and why should you care?
- Where are your photos going?
- Quiz: What does the internet know about you?
- 5 times internet rules got REALLY confusing
- Ts and Cs life hacks
- Quiz: Ts and Cs – True or False?
- Katie and Hacker's backstage banter fails
- Quiz: Totally OK or no way?
- Kane tackles hate in online gaming
- AJ's biggest social media FAILS!
- "Someone posted my image on an inappropriate website!"
- AJ - check your selfie!
- Oti Mabuse - the trouble with sharing
- Vlogging and anxiety
- 8 ways to spot a 'Sharent'
- Max and Harvey's social media rules for parents
- Quiz: Do you have a sharent in your life?
- Supporting children’s digital journey
- What is online consent and how can I discuss this with my child?
- Video: Online safety advice from Dr Linda
Best of the rest!
- Hampshire Police: Megan’s Story - KS3/4 video and video for parents/carers regarding a young persons experience of 'sexting'
- Educate against Hate: The importance of media literacy and critical thinking in the classroom
- Into Film: Films and resources supporting safer internet day 2019
- Better Internet for Kids: Together for a better internet - on Safer Internet Day and beyond!
- Ofcom: SID KS2 worksheet
- Young Minds: How To Talk To Your Child About Social Media And The Internet
- Parent Info: Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
- Parent Zone: Story Time (KS1/2)
- Fixers: Take Cyberbullying Seriously (KS3/4)
- Mental Health Foundation: Talking to your children about healthy internet use
- Net Family News: Safer Internet Day 2019: Risk vs harm, online & offline
- Webwise: HTML Heroes