Brief OverviewTo provide an overview of how the fostering department works and related guidance for safe practice.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Considered the role of the Children’s Placement team and how it works with other fostering and children’s teams.
- Looked specifically at the role of the supervising social worker and statutory visits to the home.
- Understood the documentation – forms and paperwork used.
- Know how the Local Authority supports carers and what is expected from carers in return.
- The knowledge of the process for allegations and guidance within a safer caring context.
Considered their responsibilities in terms of delegated authority, training and development and being proactive in the role to effectively work in partnership with the department.
- Session - 17/04/2024 10:00 - 13:00