By the end of this course foster carer’s should be able to:
• Describe the actions they are taking to prepare themselves and their environment to support a child / young person who will be moving in to live with them.
• Demonstrate that they are able to work positively with their own children / young people to prepare them for a child who is moving in.
• Explain the strategies they use to prepare children / young people to move on in a variety of situations (return home, another foster placement, adoption).
• Show an understanding of the childcare legislation (namely the Children Leaving Care Act) and an ability to apply it to their practice.
• Demonstrate an understanding of transitions and their impact on children and young people’s behaviour.