Who Are We?
We are an 'Appropriate Body' for schools, from all over the world, that choose us to oversee their NQTs induction period. The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period for all NQTs.
The NQT Induction and Support team provides specialist support, guidance and advice on NQT induction for over 1,000 NQTs each year in schools, HE colleges and academies across England and in British Overseas Schools. The team delivers a comprehensive service including:
- an online system for schools to submit termly NQT assessments
- online resources for NQTs and their tutors
- confidential support and advice over email and phone for NQTs and their tutors - to ensure schools are able to sufficiently support and monitor their NQTs or to discuss any concerns about the induction period
- termly newsletters for NQTs and their tutors with timely information about the induction process
- quality assurance visits to ensure that best practice is consistent across all our schools – these visits also allow schools to ask any questions they may have about their schools induction process
- training for NQTs in the form of a webinar covering how to be successful in their induction period;
- social media updates about all elements of teaching
- initial progress reviews which may result in a visit to the school where an NQT is making limited progress and needs additional support*
- face to face training for induction tutors / mentors who support NQTs in schools*
- a training programme for primary NQTs covering all aspects of teaching*
- bespoke packages providing training and support for NQTs and their mentors in school.*
We offer a friendly and personalised service to our customers and will ensure that our schools are able to fulfil the statutory responsibilities for the successful completion of their NQTs' induction period. If you would like to discuss our service and the support that we can offer you, please get in touch and we would be happy to talk to you.