Home learning materials for families during coronavirus (COVID-19) self-isolation period
In readiness for potential school closures due to COVID-19, we want to ensure that families are prepared for these unpredictable times.
Kent Children’s University has been working with other Children's University managers across the UK, as well as services within The Education People, to create a sizeable resource of home learning activities, challenge materials and ideas to support children aged 4+ keep creative, entertained and busy during these unpredictable times.
These activities will be suitable for all age groups and abilities and appropriate for those socially distancing, isolating themselves or if we find ourselves in national lockdown. They have been designed to compliment any resources your schools plan to send home to families.
- Children’s University Challenges for children aged 5-14;
- secondary school home learning materials;
- skills, employability, careers and enterprise opportunities in the home;
- activity packs from tourist destinations and providers, which can be completed at home;
- opportunities to engage with nature with partners such as the RSPB.
We are almost ready to publish this resource list. For now, you can encourage families to visit KCU Challenges and bookmark the page so you can find materials easily, as and when they are uploaded.
Alternatively, keep an eye out for the KCU social media channels and stay up to date with new resources being shared.
*These materials can be used by Children’s University (CU) learners from around the world, if relevant, as well as by non-CU learners.