Brief OverviewThis workshop explores how successful Therapeutic Parenting relies on carers providing a secure emotional base for the children in their care and attuning to them. It considers the impact of this on carers own emotional health and discusses the importance of self-care and self-compassion for carers as they care for children with Developmental Trauma. It explains how compassion fatigue (blocked care) arises and the impact of this as well as providing hope in the form of effective strategies for re-establishing inner peace and reconnecting with foster children for carers who feel impacted by this.
- To explore the impact of caring for children with Developmental Trauma.
- To empower carers to actively prioritise self-care and practice self-compassion.
- To assist carers in recognising and managing compassion fatigue/ blocked care.
- To enable carers to discover ways of rediscovering empathy and reconnecting with their children
- Session - 07/02/2024 10:00 - 12:30
- Tracy Bennett New Day Ltd