Brief OverviewThis course aims to provide an understanding of the complex issues of preparing young people to leave foster care and move into independence.
By the end of the course foster carer’s should:
- understand the legislative foundation for young people leaving foster care
- have an understanding about their part in the Pathway Planning process
- be able to signpost foster children to services and facilities, both locally and nationally that support transitions to independence
- have an understanding of the developmental and complex emotional issues for young people leaving foster care.
This course will be delivered using a variety of methods, which may include group work, scenarios, quiz, discussion, directed learning, multimedia and questions and answers
- Session - 15/07/2024 10:00 - 13:00