Brief OverviewProblem Solving is one of the three main aims of the National Curriculum for Primary Maths. This course will look at why Problem Solving is incredibly important for all pupils. Delegates will develop an understanding of a range of simple strategies for encouraging and building success in problem solving amongst pupils. Delegates will explore ways to adapt existing materials and locate high-quality resources to embed problem solving through day to day maths learning.
- Understand the role and importance of problem solving in mathematics.
- Explore what depth in problem solving could look like.
- Consider how to develop problem solving by adapting existing tasks and resources.
- Know where to find high-quality problem solving resources.
- Session - 07/02/2024 13:30 - 16:30