Brief OverviewThis workshop explores the complexities of trauma and toxic stress and teaches simple wellbeing strategies which foster carers can embed into their everyday routine to holistically promote wellbeing for everyone within their household; positively addressing stress factors. Focussing on the science behind resilience; it reinforces the key role secure attachments play in promoting resilience and how to promote these, and, within this, the importance of self-care for foster carers.
- To define trauma and toxic stress.
- To explore the key ways of building resilience considering the role of secure attachment within this.
- To promote attachment based wellbeing strategies.
- To provide an opportunity for carers to consider which strategies will most benefit them.
- To remind carers of the importance of self-care and self-compassion, and, of role modelling these skills.
- Session - 13/03/2024 10:00 - 12:30
- Tracy Bennett New Day Ltd