How can we support you?
Through our Kent Supported Employment team, we have been supporting students and adult jobseekers into tailored work experience, internships, apprenticeships and paid employment since 1991. We provide high quality support to help you prepare for, enter and succeed in the world of work.
Supported Employment aims to enhance, inspire and empower disabled and disadvantaged individuals into sustainable employment pathways. We provide a professional end to end service, to enable people to be self-sufficient within the work place. We promote to employers the benefits of employing a diverse and inclusive work force.
We can support you with:
- Helping you create a new CV or review an existing one and understand how employers use them
- The different ways of applying for jobs and how to answer certain types of questions
- Deciding on a career that suits you. We use a vocational profile and professional careers guidance to help you make informed choices about the job you would like to do and see what your skills and aspirations are
- Work experience and tasters to build on your experience and introduce you to different working environments
- Preparing for an interview. Many people find interviews daunting, we can help with what to expect and run practice interviews
- Talking to employers, support to liaise with managers and HR to negotiate flexible working conditions and reasonable adjustments in the workplace (if appropriate), and contacting Department of Work and Pensions about assessments and adaptations
- Travelling to work to become more confident using public transport and learning new routes
- Starting your job, we can give you in-work support, with job coaching, to help you learn and understand your new role
- Advice on benefits to understand how any benefits you receive will be affected if you work and complete better off financial calculations
- Providing support if you are already in work and are experiencing difficulty due to a disability or health condition.
Once we’ve had a referral we’ll be in touch. One of our experienced Employment Support Officers will talk to you about what you need and how we can help you achieve it. They’ll be with you throughout the process to guide and help you into work and support you when you’re in post.
If you would like our support to find an apprenticeship or paid work and you have a Kent County Council care manager or social worker, you can ask them to refer you to us using our Supported Employment online referral form that they will have access to.
To find out more and to see if you meet our criteria please contact us at: Email: KentSupportedEmployment@theeducationpeople.org or Telephone: 03000 410781