Supporting children to make effective progress in mathematics in key stage 1 or key stage 2 for higher level teaching assistants and teaching assistants
These courses will:
- Demonstrate how staff can support mathematics in lessons, including developing questions that encourage mathematical thinking and developing the concrete, pictorial, abstract approach
- Explore strategies for supporting individual children and small group intervention
- Fully acquaint the staff with the requirements of the National Curriculum and in particular examine the key areas for that specific key stage that children find difficult and explain how they can be supported
- Explain the key aspects of the mastery curriculum and how staff can support deep learning
- Share a range of resources that can be used by participants when supporting mathematics.