Primary reading and writing standards
Through the year, through the primary school
Assessing English aims to support primary schools in making their in-year judgements against age-related standards in reading and writing. The resource offers comprehensive support based on common-sense thinking, but in accordance with exemplification guidance provided by the Standards and Testing Agency. Teachers will feel more confident to make their judgements, to track progress and to form realistic targets for end-of-year performance.
- Supports all year groups from 1 to 6
- Helps teachers to interpret curriculum requirements
- Supports teachers to identify grammatical features in pupil work
- Recognises the importance of in-year judgements
- Includes several examples per year group
- Shows hundreds of samples of pupil work
- Provides next steps for development
- Includes several film-clips or sound recordings made by schools
- Offers up-to-date guidance, following publication of the STA interim frameworks and exemplification materials
- Represents a diverse range of primary schools
Created in collaboration with the teachers and pupils of 12 primary schools from the east to west of Kent.