The pack provides DSLs with a simple to use but comprehensive PowerPoint presentation template. This template can be altered according to your school’s specific perspective, as well as time available. The presentation reflects current statutory guidance as well as the local Kent processes and includes an optional script. DSLs should personalise the template to reflect their own school approaches, including points of contact and policies.
Key content covered within the presentation includes:
- overview of online benefits and risks, including ‘content’, ‘contact’ and ‘conduct’
- specific information regarding recognising and responding to peer on peer abuse, including cyberbullying and nude image sharing
- vulnerability online
- professional reputation and relationships online
- what to do if staff are concerned about a child or colleague
- local and national resources and support.
The Education Safeguarding Service have produced a helpful guidance document with supportive material and handy background information to support DSLs in delivering this training. Included with the guidance document are suggestions to create a safe environment for delivering training, and there are a variety of suggested activities that can be used to provide staff updates throughout the year or for longer training sessions.