This E-learning course has been developed by the Education Safeguarding Service to enable experienced Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) and Deputy DSLs in Medway schools and colleges to refresh their knowledge and skills and meet the requirement for updated training in line with ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ 2021.
This course explores specific procedures and support available in Medway, including their first response service, portal referrals and MASH and MARAC procedures. DSLs outside of Medway can access this course, however, they will need to undertake independent research to ensure they understand their own local guidance and processes. Kent DSLs should access the Kent DSLR E-learning
Why should people take this course?
This course will enable existing DSLs and deputy DSLs to:
- revisit and update their knowledge of national legislation and guidance pertaining to safeguarding children
- explore Medway’s specific safeguarding children procedures, including first response service, portal referrals and MASH and MARAC procedures
- reflect, analyse and improve the safeguarding practice within their school/setting
- Your licence for the course lasts nine months and once you have completed the training course this certificate will be valid for one year from that date.
- The course should take two to three hours to complete.