Makaton follow-up workshop
The Makaton follow-up workshop is for practitioners, family members, parents and carers who have already attended one of the following:
- Makaton Beginners’ Workshop
- Makaton Foundation Workshop
- Makaton Workshops Level 1 & 2.
Please bring your certificate(s) with you to the training.
The follow-up workshop is a two-day workshop. It covers stages 5-8 of the Makaton Core Vocabulary and helps you to improve and develop your signing and symbol skills. We will review stages 1-4 but hope that you will have reminded yourselves of the signs and symbols previously learnt prior to attending this training.
Up to 15 delegates can attend this event as stipulated by the Makaton Charity due to the nature of the training. The training can be delivered as a two-day workshop advertised via CPD online, or as a two-day workshop in-house.
There is an additional charge of £32 for the Makaton manuals required for this workshop. Your attendance certificate is in the back of the manual. Your tutor will sign the certificate before you leave the training. Please keep your attendance certificate as you will need it if you wish to attend further Makaton training.
On completion of the Makaton Follow Up workshop participants should:
- Consolidate previous learning of signs and symbols for stages 1-4 and the Additional Vocabulary
- Learn signs for stages 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Develop confidence in using signs
- Be familiar with the symbols from stages 5-8 and identify ways to use them
- Identify a range of alternative meanings for the signs and symbols that have been learned
- Simplify the underlying message in spoken and written information
- Express the meaning of the underlying message using appropriate signs and/or symbols
- Identify how Makaton can be used to meet the needs of different users.
CPD advertised training - £160 for 2 day training + VAT plus £32 (charge of manual) per person
In-house group training - £840 + VAT group charge, plus £32 (charge of manual) per person.
CPD advertised training - £236 + VAT plus £32 (charge of manual) per person
In-house group training - £1330 + VAT group charge, plus £32 (charge of manual) per person.
Up to 15 delegates can attend this event as stipulated by Makaton due to the nature of the training