This E-learning course provides an introduction to the statutory requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework together with an overview of the role and responsibilities of the Ofsted registered person with regards to the provision of early years education and childcare.
The expected learning outcomes include:
- The Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework and its overarching principles
- Ofsted's role as the regulatory and inspecting body for early years providers
- The role and responsibilities of a registered provider
- The Early Years Foundation Stage safeguarding and welfare requirements that registered providers must meet to keep children safe and promote their welfare
- The Early Years Foundation Stage learning and development requirements that registered providers must meet to promote the learning and development of all children in their care and to ensure they are ready for school.