What we provide
As an early years settings, maintained school, academy or independent school in Kent, you are eligible to receive the following from the Education Safeguarding Service.
- Advice, support and challenge on safeguarding issues via telephone and email, including escalation of professional concerns.
- Access to the child protection newsletter.
- Up-to-date exemplar Child Protection policy and Acceptable Use Policy for education providers to adapt.
- Support and/or challenge at child protection meetings, if appropriate.
- Support as the Designated Safeguarding Lead for Education on behalf of the Local Authority in times of crisis and unexpected critical incidents, for example attendance at Early Response meetings following the unexpected death of a child who attends school.
Individuals and schools/settings can subscribe for Universal Membership with The Education People, to gain additional access to the following (please note some content is restricted to Kent and Medway only):
- Comprehensive information on current and emerging safeguarding priorities, including signposting to national advice and guidance
- Specific advice and guidance on online safety and signposting to national resources
- Access to additional template policies and guidance documents
- Access to our CPD accredited training menu and facility to book centralised and bespoke courses directly.
To see a comprehensive list of the training and other services we can be commissioned to provide, please see the training and services menu.