This interactive session is part two of the delivery for the funded Department for Education and the Department of Social Care project 'Wellbeing for Education Return'. This session will focus on the unique experiences of adults, children and young people throughout the pandemic which may have left many with a plethora of thoughts and feelings that may inhibit their learning experience. The training will cover the emotional responses of children, teachers or parents from bereavement, stress, trauma or anxiety. There will also be an opportunity to explore future wellbeing needs for schools, colleges and their communities to shape subsequent training and intervention.
This training is suitable for anyone working in the area of supporting mental health and wellbeing within a school or college and ideally would be the same professionals who have attended part one.
- Bereavement, Other Losses, Anxieties, Low Mood, Stress-Trauma
- Help staff to support children and young people who have experienced stressful events or find returning to school or college stressful
- To do so through easily understood psychological education
- To use this psychological education to support the Whole School/College community, highlighting the central role of ‘social scaffolding’
- To know when and how to signpost or refer those who may need more specialised support
- Schools and colleges may need to offer support both directly and remotely (e.g. in the event of a further lockdown) all the principles in these sessions apply in both contexts.
There are a number of dates available to book Wellbeing for Education Return - Session Two, please click on the SCH code next to the relevant date and time to book.
9 December 2020 - 3.30pm to 5.30pm - SCH 20/811
10 December 2020 - 1.00pm to 3.00pm - SCH 20/812
10 December 2020 - 3.30pm to 5.30pm - SCH 20/813
13 January 2021 - 9.30am to 11.30am - SCH 21/326
13 January 2021 - 1.00pm to 3.00pm - SCH 21/327
14 January 2021 - 3.30pm to 5.30pm - SCH 21/328
If you are new to our webinars, here are some useful FAQs to get you started.