Delivery of the Early Career Framework with Best Practice Network
We are pleased to confirm that we are still able to support schools with the delivery of the Early Career Framework (ECF), which was a new requirement from September 2021. We have teamed up with one of the 6 lead providers of the ECF – Best Practice Network (recently rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted), to deliver a full induction programme. Follow this link to find out more about the recent changes to our ECF programme structure, based on feedback from our schools.
Having successfully reached the end of year 2 of our first cohort, we have supported its development to ensure it meets the needs of our schools locally. We have the added benefit of being able to offer the face to face training in a number of districts across Kent to ensure the sessions are easily accessible. To register for the delivery of the ECF with us and BPN, please follow the instructions below.
Registering with The Education People and Best Practice Network for the delivery of the ECF:
Registering ECTs and Mentors
The registration process is simple. The DfE step-by-step guidance can be accessed here.
- School Induction Tutors must register their ECTs and Mentors on the DfE Online Service (BPN then collect additional details directly from the ECTs and ECMs to enable allocation to their local training group)
Not yet registered with BPN?
- If your school has not yet had an ECT, or is changing Lead Provider to Best Practice Network, you will be prompted with instructions for next steps within the DfE Online Service
- If your school has not yet had an ECT or is changing Lead Provider, the school will also need to register with Best Practice Network here
Things to note
- Schools already working with Best Practice Network do not need to re-register with BPN
- Schools do not need to re-register ECTs and ECMs moving into the second year of their ECF programme
***If you have chosen an alternative provider for the delivery of the ECF, please liaise with your chosen provider on how to ensure you are appropriately registered for the delivery of the ECF.***
For schools following a Core or School-based ECF programme, as the Appropriate Body, we are obliged to fidelity check these programmes and from September 2022, there will be a charge for this process. The fidelity check for the Core Induction Programme is currently £300 and the fidelity check for the School Based Programme is £750. These charges are per school for each academic year the school appoints new ECTs.