Early Years Deputy Manager
Early Years Deputy Manager
We have a vacancy for a Deputy Manager, for around 34 hours per week.
Working hours are 9am-5.30pm, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, all year round *
A minimum of a ‘full and relevant’ Level 3 Early Years/Childcare Qualification AND 2 years Deputy/Managerial experience in Early Years is compulsory.
• Have a passion for working with Early Years children and understand the importance of children’s curiosity, exploration, imagination & thinking
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities; kindness, honesty, trustworthiness and respect
• Provide a safe, welcoming, positive and respectful environment, where everyone can flourish
• Be an inspirational leader for the staff team, motivating and enthusing practitioners to reach their full potential
• Have a positive mental attitude, radiating a happy atmosphere every day
• Have a love for the great outdoors & be able to excite others for the opportunities nature provides
• Strive to uphold our ethos, values and vision, even on the trickier days!
• Have a passion for our Curiosity Approach™, and an excellent understanding of the EYFS
• Be able to work under pressure, using their own initiative, in a busy and rapidly changing environment
• Oversee the planning and implementation of our curriculum, beautiful environment and child-led learning approach
• Communicate clearly and consistently, cascading relevant information within the team
• Have an in-depth knowledge of children’s development and be able to support the team with identifying any areas for monitoring/concern as quickly as possible
• Play a key part in the recruitment, induction and training of new staff
• Be able to effectively hold difficult or challenging conversations to swiftly tackle performance management
• Plan and/or deliver engaging staff meetings and high-quality training opportunities
• Liaise with other professionals and agencies as required
• Be confident with ‘form filling’ as they will play a crucial role with referral forms, assessments, checks and more
• Have a good level of ICT knowledge to operate our online Learning Journal system, basic Microsoft programs and email systems
In return, we can offer:
• Extensive opportunities for professional development
• Free training
• A competitive hourly rate
• Paid holiday leave of 5.6 weeks pro rata
• A friendly and fun working environment, with on-going supervision and support
• A career that will reward you with pride and happiness
Don’t just take our word for it…
“I can let out my inner child and just play! We laugh, have fun, and every day is different.” Laura
“I’m now nearly qualified and have found the support throughout amazing!” Rae
“It’s like an extension of home - we support each other no matter what the day throws at us.” Becky
“Management will always find a course you can attend to further your professional development.” Sandra
“Clocktower turns into a group of friends, not just colleagues.” Tayla
If you think you’re perfect for this position, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please visit our website http://www.clocktowerchildcare.co.uk/work-with-us to apply online or pop into the office to collect a paper application form.
This position will remain open until we find our perfect applicant. Ideally we are looking for an immediate start, although this may be negotiable.
Should your application pass our first assessment, we will contact you to schedule a video call or face to face initial interview. Should you pass that stage, you will be invited to attend a trial day.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references (sought during application process to avoid delay). The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation Offenders Act (1974) and subject to ongoing vetting procedures required in line with legislation.
* Closed bank holidays, Christmas shutdown, and various other days for training/shutdowns.