Updated Kent Online Safety Guidance: Engaging Families in Online Safety #esafety
The Kent Education Safeguarding Team. have updated the 'Engaging Families in Online Safety' guidance document for September 2017. The document contains updated guidance for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs), leaders and managers to assist them in exploring a range of approaches to engage with parents and carers in online safety. The document considers:
- Why do some parents not engage with online safety?
- What are the key messages we should be sharing with parents?
- How do we run an effective online safety presentation for parents?
- How else do we engage parents and carers with online safety?
- Useful links and resources to help educational settings deliver effective sessions for parents and carers