Schools Financial Services Newsletter - November 2018 edition
We are attending The Education People Show on 7 November 2018. Come and see us on stand 279. You can still book your place to attend by visiting:
Schools and Academies should be receiving some additional income this month with the delegation of the Teachers Pay Grant.
Schools Financial Services' Kent e-mail address expires on 30 November 2018, please use:
Finance Information Groups
The slides and FAQs from the Finance Information Groups (FIGs) in October are now available online.
This includes answers to question raised, such as High Needs funding, updates on teachers' pay scales and NatWest bank charges.
The dates of the March Finance Information Groups (FIGs) are also now online.
Visit www.theeducationpeople.org to view the October information and to book your place in March.
Teachers Pay Grant
18/19 allocations for schools and academies can now be found on www.gov.uk (Note: schools allocation is for Sept 18 - March 19)
Cyber Safe Webinar 22 November
NatWest are holding a 'How to stay cyber safe' webinar on Thursday
Contact Schools Financial Services for details on how to register.
If you are interested in more information relating to protecting your school look out for Twitter posts relating to National Fraud Week 11 - 17 November 2018
In this Issue
- Cyber Safe webinar
- FIG slides and FAQ's
- Skills FUnding name change
- Education People Expo
- Procedure Note of the Week
- Key Dates
- Hints & Tips
SFS Training Courses
Places are still available on the following courses:
- Revised date for Strategic Financial Management in Difficult Times - 12 December
- All the courses for the Spring 2019 term are now available on CPD online
Visit the training section on the website to book your place:
Procedure Note of the Week
- Corporate Cards (6) has been revised and updated
- Creating a new Cost Centre (78)
- Exporting a CEA (73)
- Unhide/Delink Cost Centres (81)
Hints & Tips
- To help with budget monitoring create a new Cost Centre for your Teachers Pay Grant and Supplementary FSM grant income
- Some schools may get Infant Free School Meals funded for 0.5 pupils. This is due to the funding being based on average numbers between two cenus' each year (e.g. Oct = 15, Jan = 20, average = 17.5)
- EdExec has a good article on spending the Primary Sports Grant visit www.edexec.co.uk for details.
- If you see a 'Missing or Out of Date DLL" message when using FMS6, contact the Help Desk for more information.
Skills Funding Service Name Change
The Skills Funding Service on the Gov.uk website has changed its name to 'Manage your education and skills funding'.
Schools can access tools to track their PE and Sports Grant allocations from the portal. Additional functionality will be rolled out in the coming months.