Schools Financial Services Newsletter (December Edition)
E-mail Address Change
Remember Schools Financial Services' Kent email address has now expired. Please use:
Academies Financial Returns update
The deadline for external auditors to submit the academy trust accounts return is 21 January 2019. Please make sure your external auditors are registered and set up to use the financial returns online forms.
From 13 November, the EFSA are hosting a series of weekly Skype calls covering the accounts return.
Please refer to ESFA website.
SFS 2019-20 Pricing
From April 2019, Schools Financial Services will be applying the following prices to main support services we provide:
- Core Financial Support Package with Budget Planning Software - £1,118
- Budget Setting - £600
- Full Bursarial - £45 per hour
- Returns and Monitoring - £50 per hour
For further details and for the full list visit www.theeducationpeople.org
Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) 2019-2020
The Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) for 2019 to 2020 is now open for applications.
The DfE have published updated guidance about the application process and timeline..
If you are applying to CIF for the first time, you must register to use the portal by 5pm on Friday 30 November 2018.
The deadline to submit your application for CIF 2019 to 2020 is midday on Thursday 13 December 2018.
See the ESFA website for details.
Cheque to BACS
If you have been thinking about moving from cheque to BACS (online) payments to suppliers then use this easy calculator to give you an estimate of the savings you could make. Find this on KELSI
Teachers Pay Grant
Previously advised to code as IO6.
Subsequent advice received from the ESFA to confirm that this should be IO1
ESFA have republished the Teachers Pay Grant allocations for September 18 to March 19. Visit www.gov.uk to see the revised allocations
In this issue
- Procedure Note of the Week
- Academies financial returns update
- Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) 2019 to 2020
- Key Dates
- Hints & Tips
- Cheque to BACs calculator
Upcoming key dates for Spring 2019
18 January 2019
Nine Month monitoring deadline
Balance Control Mechanism 18/19 submission
1 March 2019
Early Returns Deadline
25 March 2019
Closedown - Year End Returns
31 March 2019
SFS Training Course
Places are still available on the following course:
- Strategic Financial Management in difficult times - 12 December 2019
- All the courses for the Spring 2019 term are now available on CPD Online
Procedure Note of the Week
- Writing off historic VAT balances (45)
- Cycle to work scheme (65)
Hints & Tips
- EdExec have a good article for Business Managers on managing priorities. Vire the "Juggle less and Better" article in their November magazine for details (www.edexec.co.uk/magazine)
- Energy News for Schools - Pricing update from LASER. See www.laserenergy.org.uk for details
- Compare your submitted and working copy BUdget Forecasts - see FAQ's document in BPS Help and User Guidance menu for details.