Safer Internet Day 2018 Round-up
On Tuesday 6th February 2018, the world celebrated Safer Internet Day 2018. Safer Internet Day (SID) is coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre and this year’s theme was “Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you”.
To celebrate the day, many organisations and services produced new resources and content to help raise awareness and spread positive messages. This blog post aims to highlight resources and content made available on or for SID 2018; schools and settings may find these resources helpful in the curriculum planning or to share with children and parents/carers.
UK Safer Internet Centre:
- Safer Internet Day Top Tips and Advice for under 11s
- Safer Internet Day Top Tips and Advice for 11-18s
- Safer Internet Day Top Tips and Advice for parents and carers
- Safer Internet Day 2018: Putting the spotlight on online safety in your school
- Safeguarding young people online: Advice for professionals this Safer Internet Day
- Test your online safety knowledge with the Safer Internet Day Quiz!
CBBC: Own it (KS2/3)
- 5 ways Safer Internet Day can start with you
- How manky is your mobile?
- Four types of phone fanatic
- Avoiding account hacks
- Raven’s Aisha: “My Instagram was hacked”
- The best and worst of life online
- “Smash it, Own It”
CBBC Grown Ups
- Revealed: 7 out of 10 teens want parents to set filters to protect them online
- Safe Set Up Guides for Parents – excellent set up guides for parents on a range of devices and social media apps
- Connections by Christian Foley: a rap for Safer Internet Day 2018 (YouTube)
- Papyrus: #BedtimeStories (YouTube) – parents/carers
Best of the rest!
- Ask About Games: Safer Internet Day 2018 – Create, Connect and Share Respect
- BBFC: New Rate-A-Trailer resources available on the CBBFC website for children
- Centre for Child Protection: SID2018 Zak/Lottie resources
- FOSI: Seven steps to good digital parenting
- LGfL/NSPCC Survey reminder
- LSE: In the digital home, how do parents support their children and who supports them?
- Parent Zone: ‘We need to address recovery as a matter of urgency’
- TES: Safer Internet Day Suggestions
- That’s Nonsense: Safer Internet Day Quiz
Please leave links below to any resources from national organisations that we may have missed: the best suggested might be added to the post!